Sunday, December 04, 2011

Random sketches

Lessons from the Famous Artists Illustration Course:



Drawn in Photoshop with a Wacom intous 3. 


Heads


Dulce and Pam channeling a lil' Jay Ward


Dulce's head is based on Porky Pig, I initially studied the screenshot below to better understand the head, But thought the pose was all so great that I had to draw the entire character.



This one is based on Katie Rice's 
hell characters from "Skadi"


Nothin' like an ice-cold "Joe Shmoe" 
to water down your thirst


Fred Flintstone and a Kitty

3 comments:

Pedro Vargas said...

Great drawings, my man! Love the way you ink your drawings. I especially love the inks on Dulce with the soda machine.

Great take on Porky's pose. Yours is a more enhanced version from the Porky one, which looks great. This is making me wanna do some studies of my own.

I like your take on Fred Flintstone in that last one.

Amir Avni said...

Thanks so much Pedro!

Wow, more enhanced than the Clampett pose? I'm blushing!

R.A. MacNeil said...

Great sketches and studies. It's interesting to see the different types of drawings someone uses to try learn and grow.